Thursday, November 15, 2012

Envy of 9 lives

A cat is said to have 9 lives, sometimes 7, sometimes 6. Too bad I'm a stupid human, and am stuck with only 1 life. Sometimes it seems animals have a much better accompaniment with surviving and thriving than I do. Speaking of cats, I love their myths. Like being crossed by a black cat is a bad omen, and yet cats are generally thought of as good luck charms in different places. A cat is a witches familiar, an object of worship, a pest to be rid of. Can something even be allowed to be that ironic? And, about cats, I wouldn't mind their ears or tail, especially their ability to be so agile, if only I was equal to the fluffiness and coolness. Even though I say all this, it's not like I'm a cat fanatic. Perhaps I just envy them. Fancy that!

No comments:

Post a Comment