Monday, April 15, 2013

Mark Twain

"The secret to getting ahead is getting started."
"You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
"Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand."
"Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been."
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."
"Do the thing you fear most and the death of fear is certain."
"Any emotion, if it is sincere, is involuntary."
"What a wee little part of a person's life are his acts and his words! His real life is led in his head, and is known to none but himself."
"When you fish for love, bait with your heart, not your brain."
"When red-haired people are above a certain social grade their hair is auburn."
"Thunder is good, thunder is impressive; but it is lightening that does the work."
"The finest clothing made is a person's own skin, but, of course, society demands something more than this."
"Better a broken promise than none at all."
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
"Necessity is the mother of taking chances."
"The secret source of humor is not joy but sorrow; there is no humor in heaven."
~Mark Twain

I think I wrote a bit too much, but that's okay. I love this stuff.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I love that stuff. Shall we call you auburn hair, or are you still under the social grade to be red?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say I'm just rust-colored. But I'm still under the social grade, so I'm just a common red gingeritis person.

      Delete