Tuesday, May 21, 2013

no matter how slow, Step by Step

Everything I fear is so much easier to overcome than I thought..
is this also one of life's lessons?
I remembered a quote that I loved last year.
"It doesn't matter how slowly you go- so long as you do not stop." -Confucius
I always used it, in my head.
I guess I don't have to worry that much about the future, since I can only do what I can right now. If you want a kind future for yourself, then be kind to the present. In truth, the present is the future of the past. So technically we are all living in the future. It's not that scary, is it? I always start out the day already tired thinking the whole schedule through. But once I get started and forget, it's over before I knew it, and always a lot more easier than I ever dreamed. Sometimes, I even miss it.
We don't have to run. Running doesn't last.
What we have to do to meet the future is go step by step. We can't become discouraged by the distance to the finish line. There are no short cuts. Instead of thinking, "are we there yet?", watch the scenery as you pass by it, and notice the colors. It's not the destination that's important, but rather the journey. Treasure the people around you, because there will come a time where you won't be able to see them all the time. In the end, it's the heart that matters. And just look at your heart! It has been beating for you since before you were born. Does it think "Oh, just wait until the finish line so I can stop?" no. It's beating just to keep you alive, just a second more, just a minute more. It's keeping you alive, step by step.

1 comment:

  1. wow, that's very touching and uplifting. Thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete