Friday, October 19, 2012

Alive.........?

Everyone is connected, and yet no one is connected. People just like you wake up every morning, go to sleep every night. They pass you by, stop by you, pass by you. But you are infinitely alone in your mind. Even when there are people by your side, your heart slowly creaks, whirs down, cracks, and shatters into pieces, weighed with thoughts and feelings you could never share. The wishes never granted lie in the deepest part of yourself, a part that might be an ironic truth or lie. They fade as you walk in the day and on and on. And on and on. and on and on. And once you remember them, a kind of realization comes. What truly matters? The things you do everyday suddenly lose their purpose when your breath comes up short. And yet I keep on living...why? Why do I keep on living without any real purpose? And yet am I even really alive when I haven't lived yet? The future is always unreachable. Is all we have is each other? Is that really true? Don't I have myself? Is my identity disappeared if I am away from other people? Who am I really? Truthfully? A human? A daughter? A girl? A person? A sister? Alive?

No comments:

Post a Comment