Saturday, December 8, 2012

The ant(2) and the grasshopper, Shooting Stars

Hey, have you heard that story of the ant and the grasshopper? It's a story by Aesop.
And although I've read it and understood the moral, I still relive a different opinion, as I am. Usually.
The grasshopper didn't actually do anything wrong. Is it so wrong to sing?
And the ant didn't do anything wrong, either. But even though it will live a long time, what's the point if he will never sing? Never take a break, never being happy.
See, I think that although the grasshopper will die of hunger, that at least his life was like a shooting star. Isn't that why we watch for shooting stars? Because their life is short, but they grant wishes.
I don't need a long life, what I want is a life that can shine like that, even if it's only for a short while.

2 comments:

  1. Yes that would be fair, but I would rather be a comet that scientist would stalk with fear and curiosity and be given a name so that when I came again in another short life, they would all know I was there, for they would have counted the days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True. Like becoming immortal with mortality. I think that people have always wished for this. Instead of an infinitely long life, a life that will be remembered with glory, right?

    ReplyDelete